The Dutch United Nations Student Association (DUNSA-NL), also known as SIB-Netherlands, is looking for a new ceremonial president! This is an opportunity for any ambitious student looking to build a network among student associations and NGO’s that are geared towards international affairs. DUNSA is a combination of similar named student associations in Amsterdam, Utrecht, Leiden, and Groningen, making DUNSA a platform for country-wide cooperation, knowledge exchange and for maintaining certain external relations. You will help this platform to flourish and work together as SIB cities.
What do we offer you?
- A group of enthusiastic colleagues who are the presidents of the different DUNSA associations.
- Guidance and coaching by the current Board of Advisors of DUNSA-NL (previous DUNSA associations’ presidents).
- A spot in the board of NGIZ, a national NGO focused on international relations and warm relations with UNA-NL, the Dutch UN association.
- The chance to develop various skills in organizing events, leading the foundation, and maintaining external contacts.
What do we expect of you?
- You have to be a member of one of the DUNSA associations.
- You have affinity with the DUNSA format of combining more serious topics and entertainment.
- You are available for at least 15 months, starting between June and September 2022.
- Experience in the board of an association or in various committees is an asset.
- You are able to represent DUNSA towards external partners.
- You are able to communicate professionally in English and Dutch.
- You are able to travel to various cities in the Netherlands at least twice a month.
- The presidency takes around 8 hours a week.
- You will receive a compensation of costs of 50 euros a month.
- Your term as president is between 15 and 30 months.
- Applications (CV and cover letter) may be sent to email@example.com until the 18th of May 2022.
- As ceremonial president, you preside over the meetings of the board, make sure that various activities are organized, and represent DUNSA towards other organizations.
- In addition, the president takes the lead in writing policy and year reports, facilitates cooperation between cities and between DUNSA and other NGO’s.
Are you as excited about this opportunity as we are? Feel free to inquire with the current Board of Advisors about the job by emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org or calling or texting advisor Willem (SIB-Amsterdam) at 06-23097946, or advisor Anouk (SIB-Utrecht) at 06-46544511.